Wow. These pancakes are so good it’s hard to believe that they only have 5 ingredients. 5 HEALTHY ingredients! I went in search of a pancake recipe when I gave up gluten and discovered many difficult recipes that required processed ingredients (read: not real food). I adapted this recipe to be nut free (you can use peanut butter if you want to, but I’ve never tried it) and to be eaten without any additional toppings!
I use an electric griddle similar to this one. Getting used to flipping at the right time was the hardest part of this recipe. Definitely make sure the sides start to look cooked before flipping. My first few batches were a disaster in appearance because I tried to flip too early, but they still tasted AMAZING! Don’t stress out if you don’t get it right immediately, they still taste great.
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas (all stages of ripeness work, but the more ripe, the more sweet!)
- 2 tbsp of SunButter
- 1 tsp of Cinnamon
- Dark chocolate chips (~1/2 cup) (optional if you are watching your chocolate/sugar intake!)
- Preheat a griddle on medium high
- Break the eggs into a blender and blend until frothy (~20 seconds)
- Add the bananas, sunbutter, & cinnamon to the blender and blend on high until mixed
- Pour the mixture onto the griddle in 4 inch circles. Depending on the size of your griddle, you'll have a few batches.
- Immediately add 3-4 chocolate chips to each pancake
- Flip the pancakes once the edges start to look done
- Remove from griddle when cooked through (~1 min)
I like to put the finished pancakes on a plate and cover with tinfoil until all have been cooked to keep them warm.
Experiment with toppings! These are so good by themselves that I eat them plain.They would probably be great with fruit or maple syrup.