Asparagus is another one of those vegetables that I avoided until recently. My husband’s father grows asparagus in his garden, and he insisted that I try it. I fell in love. Of course, I was completely spoiled by the fresh-garden taste, but store-bought is great too.
In case you a need a reason to add more asparagus to your diet, see all the health benefits here. Some of these many benefits include cancer-fighting antioxidants, slowing the aging process, and even protecting your skin from sun damage.
It’s also a quick side dish that can be quickly grilled or baked.
Easy prep takes about 5 minutes:
- Asparagus (washed and bottom 1-2 inches trimmed)
- Olive Oil
- Salt / Pepper
- Minced garlic (optional)
- Preheat the grill (Oven at 350. All the instructions/timing are the same for baking)
- Place the asparagus on a grill sheet or tin foil (or cookie sheet for oven method)
- Drizzle olive oil and baste to lightly coat
- Sprinkle mixed garlic (optional)
- Salt / Pepper to taste
- Grill/Bake for 10-15 minutes according to taste