I love an easy one-pot meal, and this one hits the easy and delicious marks. Even better. This dish features 2 of my favorite ingredients: lemons and (lots of) minced garlic. It also incorporates red bell peppers and onions which I only recently started to fully appreciate it.
After this one-pot-wonder comes out of the oven you will find the combination of lemon, peppers, onions, and chicken have fused to create an amazing sauce without any effort.
The best part about this dish is it makes enough for leftovers the next night! I usually make it on Sunday and have an easy Monday evening meal for myself and the hubby in 20 minutes. I heat the leftovers up in a smaller glass dish and cover with a loose foil tent. Oven at 350 for 10-15 minutes. Pour the sauce over rice and sigh with joy.
I discovered this hand-held citrus juicer recently. Game changer. It extracts all juice from the lemons AND you won’t have to fish out the lemon seeds. What do you think? Drop me a comment if you love this as much as I do!
- 3 Chicken legs, divided (3 drumsticks, 3 thighs)
- 2 Lemons
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil (Plus more for drizzling)
- 5 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 Red bell peppers
- 1 Orange bell pepper
- 1 Sweet onion
- 1 Large Sweet Potato, Cubed
- Preheat the oven to 425
- Combine the juice of 1 lemon and 2 tbls of Olive oil in a small bowl, Wisk
- Mix in 3 minced garlic cloves (~1.5 teaspoons)
- Put chicken and marinade in a plastic bag and leave out while you chop!
- Slice the peppers thinly (discard the tops/seeds)
- Quarter the sweet onion
- Cube the sweet potatoes
- Place in a 13x9 glass dish
- Drizzle with olive oil & add 2 cloves of garlic (1 tsp)
- Salt/Pepper to taste and mix
- Place the chicken in the dish on top of the veggies
- Dump any of the juice/olive oil still in the bag into the dish
- Salt / Pepper both sides to taste
- Bake for 20 minutes with the chicken skin-side down
- Flip the chicken
- Bake for 20-25 more minutes
- Take out of the oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Enjoy!